MES Software: Asset Management in EZ-MES
How to manage your Equipment in EZ-MES
Within EZ-MES you can configure the system to have full traceability for any piece
of equipment you want to track (Or more general, any asset). Besides having records
of all equipment runs and parts that went through it, you are able to manage the
preventive maintenance, and keep track of unscheduled maintenance.
AKA: Equipment Management is also known as Asset Managment, Tool Management,
Tool Tracking, CMMS Computerized Machine Maintenance System, etc.
If you did not configure any equipment within EZ-MES we would like to recommend
that you first go over the
Getting Started pages for the EZ-MES Asset Management module. Get started...
Click one of the following links to learn more or continue reading below.
Equipment Definition vs Equipment Record
You can see the
Equipment Definition as an equipment category, the
Equipment Records are one on one related to actual equipment in the
real world. E.g. you can have a single Equipment Definition for
a type of oven, and have 10 of these ovens on your production floor resulting in
10 Equipment Records.
Basic Asset Management Configuration
The simplest possible configuration for Asset Management is to create Equipment
Instances that have unique ID's. On Step Definitions that use Equipment you can
now use the Equipment Name-Value Pair to link the Actual Equipment Instance to the
Part Records that will go through this Step Definition.
Having it configured like this will give already give the following benefits:
- For each part you know which equipment instance was used.
- You will know when the equipment is used for that part
This minimum configuration will require the following steps:
- Create new Equipment Definitions
- Create a Flow Definition that will create Serialized Equipment Instances
- Link the Equipment Definition to a Step Definition
- View direct on the Equipment record when parts went through the Equipment
The basic configuration can be made more advanced to handle a number of other functions:
- Preventive Maintenance Management
- Manual or Automatic state changes according SEMI E-10
- Locking of Equipment when it is in use so that it is not availble for use
- Run Multiple Travelers through a single piece of Equipment